The Harmony Prenatal Test
An advanced blood test to detect common fetal trisomies at 10 weeks gestational age or later
The Harmony Prenatal Test analyzes the relative number of chromosomes in maternal blood to provide an objective, individualized patient result with high sensitivity and specificity.1-3
- One blood draw performed at 10 weeks or later in pregnancy
- Access through 1,000+ convenient blood draw centers
- In-network laboratory
- Non-invasive testing poses little risk to pregnant women
- Standard blood draw
- No risk to the fetus
- Highly accurate detection of common fetal trisomies4
- Extremely low false positive rate4
- Individualized results on trisomy risk for each patient
For more information about this exciting new offering, please visit:
- Ashoor, G., Syngelaki, A., Wagner, M., Birdir, C., Nicolaides, K.H., Chromosome-selective sequencing of maternal plasma cell-free DNA for first trimester detection of trisomy 21 and trisomy 18, Am J Obstet Gynecol. (2012), doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.029.
- Chiu RWK, Akolekar R, Zheng YWL, et al. Non-invasive prenatal assessment of trisomy 21 by multiplexed maternal plasma DNA sequencing: large scale validity study. Brit Med J. 2011;342:c7401.
- Data on file.
- Ehrich M, Deciu C, Zwiefelhofer T, et al. Noninvasive detection of fetal trisomy 21 by sequencing of DNA in maternal blood: a study in a clinical setting. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;204:205.e1-205.e11.
- Palomaki GE, Kloza EM, Lambert-Messerlian GM, et al. DNA sequencing of maternal plasma to detect Down syndrome: an international clinical validation study. Genet Med. 2011;13:913-920.
- Simpson JL. Is Cell-Free Fetal DNA From Maternal Blood Finally Ready for Prime Time? Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Mar 7. [Epub ahead of print].
- Sparks, A.B., Struble, C.A., Wang, E.T., Song, K., Oliphant, A., Non-invasive Prenatal Detection and Selective Analysis of Cell-free DNA Obtained from Maternal Blood: Evaluation for Trisomy 21 and Trisomy 18, Am J Obstet Gynecol. (2012), doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.030.
- Sparks, A.B., Wang, E.T., Struble, C.A., Barrett, W., et al, Selective analysis of cell-free DNA in maternal blood for evaluation of fetal trisomy. Prenat Diagn (2012);32(1):3-9. doi: 10.1002/pd.2922. Epub 2012 Jan 6.